Travel to treatment

If you need to travel to treatment, talk to your social worker as you may be eligible for travel and accommodation assistance. There is a useful brochure titled "The National Travel Assistance Scheme: Your guide for claiming travel assistance" which you may like to read. Find this brochure on the Ministry of Health's website. If you need to stay overnight, the Cancer Society has accommodation close to all six major cancer treatment centres. Check too with your local Cancer Society about volunteer driving services.

"It's like a home away from home [Society accommodation]. We do all our own cooking and washing. You still have to look after those things yourself. It's not like a hospital. It's really good to meet people, talk about it, but you"ve got your own room and your own time." Melinda

Leave us a message