Volunteer in our retail store
If you have any questions or would like some more information, please call Gretchen on 09 308 0496 or email email@example.com.
This fun, social and varied role is a great chance to meet new people and make a difference for New Zealanders with cancer. All funds raised from the Cancer Society Pre-loved Boutique go to Cancer Society to fund cancer research, support and prevention.
Being a volunteer involves assisting and serving customers at the store, as well as sorting and processing donated goods. We ask that you're available for a minimum of one 4-hour shift per week on a day that suits you.
To become a retail volunteer you need to have:
- A friendly and helpful manner
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to relate to people from all walks of life
- Neat and tidy appearance
- Excellent time management
- Basic computer skills
- Confidence and accuracy in cash handling
- Physical health which does not preclude standing for long periods of time or lifting
- Good telephone manner
No previous retail experience or training is needed, you'll receive ongoing support and training from the Store Manager.
You'll get the satisfaction of helping those in need, being a part of the community, job skills and social time.