Volunteer in our retail store
Our retail store is the Cancer Society Pre-loved Boutique in Howick. Being a retail volunteer involves assisting and serving customers at the store, as well as sorting and processing donated goods. We ask that you're available for a minimum of one 4-hour shift per week on a day that suits you.
To become a retail volunteer you need to have:
- A friendly and helpful manner
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to relate to people from all walks of life
- Neat and tidy appearance
- Excellent time management
- Basic computer skills
- Confidence and accuracy in cash handling
- Physical health which does not preclude standing for long periods of time or lifting
- Good telephone manner
As a retail volunteer, you'll receive ongoing support and training from the Store Manager.
We are currently seeking volunteers for Saturday shifts. Please register your interest by completing the form below - make sure you tick "Retail" on the list of roles you're interested in. If you have any questions or would like some more information, please call Jacqui on 09 308 0244 or email email@example.com.